So this recipe comes to you from my amazing Aunt Katie. Not only is she amazing and beautiful but she is also extremely passionate about fitness and nutrition. She has always been an athlete, but began CrossFit about a year ago and dabbles in Paleo as well.
I am very fortunate to have a family that loves to cook and appreciates a healthy lifestyle. We always strive to cook clean recipes with fresh, organic ingredients, and of course, lots of love. At the holidays we always work a hike or long walks into our plans, perfect to help keep up with all of the less-than-clean indulgences.
I’m used to Katie’s christmas delicacies like chocolate rice crispy balls, or her famous anise (ah-nihs) cookies…but she sure knows how to keep it clean in the kitchen too!
I decided to run this recipe by the Tom taste test, not telling him what I was making, or that it was clean, and seeing what he thought. I expected good…but these turned out great! Not only did they receive a serious “yum” from Mr. Picky himself, but they are super clean and totally easy.
Clean Chicken Nuggets
Courtesy of Katie Shafer
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 T olive oil
1/2 cup almond flour
1t paprika (not smoked or hot)
1/2t poultry seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
- brush a baking sheet literally with olive oil and place in the oven as it preheats to 400F.
- cut each breast into nugget size pieces (about 5 each). Use a mallet to pound thicker pieces so they are all the same.
- Combine almond flour, paprika, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl, mixing together well.
- dip each nugget into the mixture, pressing on so it is fully coated. Coat all nuggets before removing the baking sheet from the oven.
- lay the nuggets on the baking sheet and gook 10 minutes.
- remove pan from oven, turn nuggets, and bake an additional 10 minutes (don’t overcook!!)
- serve them up! Include sauce, sweet potato fries, or veggies!