Hey there Holy F!t fitfam, I’ve missed you guys! Life has been crazy starting a new job and moving at the same time…It’s been a handful! So needless to say, I haven’t had much time to cook or creative space to come up with new recipes. Lately I’ve been working crazy hours, eating mostly fresh fruits and veggies from work, and falling asleep as soon as I have a moment to myself.
When I do have time, like always, I am checking out other healthy food blogs on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and here. One page I’ve stumbled across a few times is Karina’s blog Liberation 2 Karina.
All of her recipes come with absolutely drool worthy photos, easy to follow directions, and INCREDIBLE results. I always go into a new food blog or cook book with the thought in the back of my mind that things might not quite taste as good as the pictures look…but these Vanilla Caramel Chai Blondies did NOT disappoint! Thank you Karina! You guys seriously have to try these.
2 Vanilla Chai Tea Bags
1/2 C Boiling Water
1/2 C Lightly Packed Brown Sugar
1/3 C Butter (use non-fat if following Karina’s recipe strictly, I try to keep my recipes as all natural as possible)
1/2 C Applesauce (I used an unsweetened, all-natural brand)
3/4 C Sweetened (I used Truvia, Karina uses Natvia, but you could also use regular sugar, coconut sugar, or honey powder)
1 t Vanilla Extract
2 C All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Salt
1/3 C Caramel Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Steep the tea bags in the boiling water and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, butter, and apple sauce until light and fluffy, just a few minutes.
- Add sweetener, egg and vanilla, and mix together.
- In a small bowl combine dry ingredients (except caramel chips).
- Gradually beat try ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Make sure to squeeze all the liquids out of your tea bags and add the chai to your batter, mix until combined, but not much more!
- Fold in caramel chips.
- Pour the batter into the baking tray and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges have turned golden brown.
- After removing, make sure the blondies are completely cooled before cutting.
By following Karina’s strict recipe and cutting the Blondies into 24 equal pieces, they come to only 83 calories or 2 WW points. Pretty awesome!